Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

In Way Too Deep

 Perhaps I shouldn't have labeled my last post... Bring On The Snow.  It started snowing hard last night on our way home from dinner at Smashburger (yum!).  And it has snowed on and off all day.  Just look at the proof in our yard.  That's the playhouse way up there yonder-- half buried in snow.  And this bench outside our door shows how much snow we had when we woke up this morning.
 At dark thirty this morning, the phone shattered our sleep with an automated call telling us all the schools were closed for a snow day.  The girls needless to say were thrilled.  We forced Byron to drag out the ol' snowmobile this afternoon. 
 Since the fire over the summer, our back pasture is brush free and the perfect arena for zooming around.
 And of course, the girls built a massive snowman (with some help).  It won't win any awards but boy does it bring back memories.
When I was about Greer's age... my mom snapped a photo of my brothers and I standing in front of a snowman we had built in Las Vegas!  It was in the 70's and if I remember correctly, we got about 6 inches of snow.  Of course, it completely shut down the city-- a city that never sees snow.  I gotta have my mom dig up this picture.  I'm wearing a sweatshirt and jeans and have wonder bread bags covering both my tennis shoes and the socks on my hands.  Pure genius on my mom's part-- we had dry feet and hands-- cold, but dry.

0 comments: