Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, April 5, 2010

A most eggcellent Easter

What gives!?!?! We woke up Easter morn to SNOW. Not much, but snow nonetheless. The girls all ran out to jump in it. By the time I got my camera, hearty Reese was the only one without frozen toes. (Their dad suggested it, not me). The Easter Bunny did make a stop at the Barker's. He hid their baskets pretty good this year... so finally after about a half hour and a few hints, the girls had all their booty, including Zhu Zhu pets. They are those little electronic hamsters that scurry all over the floor. What a hit!

Keanut got some cool shades.

In the afternoon, we all headed over to my parents house. My mom had bought them all new aprons and embroidered their names on them.


Lyndsey and Reesey got the same aprons.
Then after a yummy dinner, it was time for (drum roll please), the annual great Easter Egg Hunt-er-rama. And since it was windy and cold outside, we did the cousins egg hunt all over the inside of Grandma's house. In the second it took for me to snap this picture-- Reese was already out the door and running. I'm surprised I didn't capture a little blur.
My beloved Grandma (my mom's mom) or Grandma the Great-- had the best hiding spot for an egg. Check out her cleavage. The token boy in the hunt, my nephew, Derek was the one who spied the egg, but was too embarrassed to grab it. His sister, Morgan ultimately triumphed.


Someday this will be the theatre/movie room. For now, my folks have stacked tons of boxes from moving in there. All the grandkids have spent countless hours building forts and castles, then knocking them down. There's no hurry to convert the room.
The best entertainment of the night came from the three older kids. We did two special golden eggs--each with 5 bucks in them. One for the 3 teenagers, one for the little kids. After an exhaustive search, we were playing the hot and cold game. The golden egg is actually in the refrigerator, inside a box of butter, on the top shelf of the door. The three siblings were literally picking up and moving each other to get inside. Derek prevailed. Guess that helped to make up for not getting the first egg he spied on Grandma Great.
Holland found the kids' five dollar egg.
And Kean supervised the whole affair, as you can see.
Happy Easter!

1 comments:

Marti said...

I believe that may be the only time anyone's ever been told to "check out the cleavage on Great Grandma" where the blogger wasn't talking about some fetish website, Lon! LOL! (Couldn't resist!)