Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chow Time!

Last week we got the go ahead to try some rice cereal out on Kean. His mouth was finally deemed "ready" to eat. But alas, we had a slight allergic reaction. His therapist thinks its just underdeveloped enzymes (or something to that end)... and he'll be fine in a month or two. So we skipped merrily ahead to SQUASH.

Let me just say he loves it! And actually does a pretty darn good job of keeping most of it in his mouth.
We shot video of his first attempt at rice cereal and it's pretty entertaining. Look for that coming to a blog (mine) near you in the near future. For now, let me entertain you with Greer's rendition of one of the three billy goats and the mean ol' troll.
In case you are wondering, Mr. Billy Goat is one of our home grown potatoes.

4 comments:

Marti said...

Dear Kean,

I hear you are fond of winter squash. As it is one of my favorite foods, I think we should do lunch.

Sincerely,
Someone who doesn't like rice either!

Anita said...

These are exciting times! Way to go Kean!

Long live the days of potato art!! Takes me back to my childhood.

Elizabeth said...

Lonni, He is amazing! I want him and Maya to meet!!!! She is coming along and doing really well too!!! Miss you and think of you lots!

The Good Life on Less! said...

Kean is adorable ... and you grew your own potato? I'm impressed. I ate the first cucumber I grew myself the other day ... it was SO GOOD! Did I tell you our land used to be a potato farm? As close to serene Eagle as we can get!