Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Big Coming Out

Tomorrow's the big day for Kean. He's going to church to meet all those who pulled and prayed on his behalf. Byron will be blessing him too. I just hope the blessing outfit my mom bought for him way back when he was in the hospital will fit. It'll probably be a bit snug. He's 8 months old today, by the way (nearly 7 months adjusted)-- and he weighs 14 and a half pounds. Byron's mom, Grandma Kay is here for the big event. The girls have had so much fun watching Princess movies with her and playing games. And she saved my bones yesterday. Kay watched the kids while I took Greer to the doctor. Get this lovely timing... she woke up with Strep throat, a raging ear infection and vomited in the car and in the doctor's office. (Sometimes, I just love being a mom). Anyway, she's fine today (and more importantly, not contagious anymore).


Grandma Kay came bearing gifts--- some strips or swatches of silky fabric. Check out the sleazy outfits my girls came up with. I can't complain though, they had more fun playing with the scraps of cloth...
And finally, today was beeyoootiful. Byron mowed our lawn (which is a huge undertaking-- we have a park), he turned up our garden-- and then he headed down to Grandpa Bodily's.....
... and worked on his garden. It's not a great shot (hey, the sun was totally in my eyes)... but that's him down there on the tractor with Grandpa Bodily and Reese over to the left watching him. Can I just tell you how much I love my husband? He is always, always, always doing some good deed for someone else.
I think I'll start calling him Dudley DoRight. Problem is, he's not here right now. He's over at my folks house helping my dad out with his yard. He's a keeper I tell ya!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Love Kean's blessing outfit and your girls are so creative (and cute)! :)

lime said...

So sad we couldn't be at Kean's blessing :(
Can we fly Byron down here to do a little work too? Seriously.?