Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Birthday Bash

The birthday celebrations are winding down and we survived. In fact, we had a grand ol' time.
Tuesday night, we gave Holland her presents... including this one--- a new bike. She'd outgrown her old one and this one seems a bit big. But she took right to it and loves it. Oh, she's growing up too fast.

Wednesday night, Grandpa and Grandma Bodily babysat Kean and we took the girls, plus two of Holland's friends out for dinner and then ice skating. It was Reese's first time and she dazzled everybody. After a while she dumped the "walker" and was skating on her own and even turning awkward circles. I had people coming up to me all night asking me how old she was.
Here's the whole motley crew.

Greer did great... but stole Reese's walker a few times.


After working up a sweat, we had the homemade cupcakes I made. Okay, I tried to be creative and make ice skates out of candy crystals... they ended up looking more like a beached seal... but the girls thought they were great.
One more year and we get to do this again.

3 comments:

Marti said...

I almost felt sorry for poor Reese, with her "walker." Most people don't get those until they're 70 or so.

She's ahead of her time!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLAND!

(Do you see what pressure it is to me... telling me I'm funny, Lon? Total. Funny. FAILURE.)

Christine said...

Wow! Nine years old! I still remember coming to the hospital when you had her. Seems like forever ago and yesterday at the same time. Crazy!

Happy Birthday Holland!

Diane said...

Happy birthday Holland and glad it was lots of fun.