Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, April 2, 2010

A Little Tomfoolery

Happy April Fool's Day (yesterday)!
My kids are finally old enough to pull some pranks on-- so Byron and I had a little fun last night.
Holland's 3rd grade teacher and my good friend, Joannah stopped by late in the afternoon. She dropped off a bag of books she had borrowed and some other items-- so we told the girls (Holland and Greer) that she had brought over a mountain load of homework they had to finish up during Spring Break.
You should have seen their faces!
We had them eat dinner and take their baths before hitting the books...
I told them if we did one hour's worth on Thursday night, we'd only have to spend 3 hours on Friday doing homework and then they'd be free.
I have to say they were much better sports than I would've been.
They wanted to shorten their baths to get going on the studying.
We gave them a big bag of books and notebooks with a sign that said "April Fool's".
Funny thing was, it took a little help from us for them to figure out that it was a joke.
Teee heee.