Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, April 12, 2010

Boy Meets World

We had the most wonderful Sunday! Our first Sunday at church as a complete family. Byron gave a very tender, tender blessing and we were surrounded by so many of our dear and beloved friends and family. I was told that when it was time to pronounce the blessing on Kean he folded his arms perfectly and just looked up at everyone. Sure wish I had a picture of that! These will have to do... here are a few photos before we headed to the chapel. The girls are wearing their skirts they made over Spring Break with the help and guidance of my mom. Byron's mom, Kay is pictured with the family. She left this morning to head back to Montana. It was so nice having her here!




After the church service, we headed over to my mom and dad's new house (it's much bigger than mine and the perfect place for a party). We had mostly family and close friends over for a little luncheon-- and we surprised Joannah (below) with a birthday cake. Not only is she Holland's awesome 3rd grade teacher but she's one of my dearest friends.
This is Ali (Joannah's husband) getting a little Kean time. See, his blessing outfit did fit-- barely.
And this is Mary K-- she and Byron go waaayyy back-- before I even knew him. But now, I tease him, she's MY friend! I think my girls adore her as much as I do.
Here's Mary K and Jeanie's mom, Mary. She came with the girlfriends to visit me in the hospital several times and she wanted a picture of our little miracle boy-- so I thought, why not get a picture of the two of them.
Kean was the perfect baby for his big day in the sun. He loved all the attention and was such a happy little boy. We couldn't get any better. He's pretty darn close to an angel (except angels don't come with stinky diapers)!

6 comments:

Karson, Betsy, Izzy, and Beckham said...

Congratulations!!! Kean looks like he is doing great. We are getting excited to take Izzy to the temple to be sealed in 2 weeks and have her blessed the next day. I am glad to see you are doing so well!

The Good Life on Less! said...

So cute and I really like his blessing outfit. We didn't bless Zack til about 5 months & we had to squeeze him into his outfit! By-the-way, LOVE your girls outfits in the previous blog. Blackmail pictures!

Nick said...

Yay! I love the skirts. Wish I could sew.

Diane said...

You all look wonderful. Glad you had a perfect day.

Kerri said...

Sounds like the sweetest day ever :)

Sherri said...

He is a really cute little boy! Love the outfit!! So glad you can take him out now... but watch out for pink eye... it's the plague.