Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, March 21, 2011

We're BAAACCCCKKKKK!!!

Guess where we are?
Back at my home away from home:
Hotel St. Luke's Hospital.
Kean's had a cough for a few days and I was hoping to
beat it with breathing treatments at home.
Not to be...
Sunday afternoon, he took a bad turn and here we are.
And I tell ya, we Barker's like to do it up right.
He has RSV and Pneumonia.
He's been running a temp here in the hospital of 104.  Ouch!
That's finally under control this morning.
But the poor guy has to get tubes stuck down his nose to his throat to suction out his lungs
every two hours.
He's not liking it much.
On the home front, Greer is doing much better. Except at night.
I think she's sleeping with her mouth open and those tender little tonsils or what is
the space where they used to reside... is drying out.
She keeps waking up in pain.
Which means for the five hours I was home last night to try and get some sleep,
I was up with GiGi.
And then there was that really fun moment when Reese decided to wake me up
to tell me she'd just had a dream about a ladybug.
I tell ya, this parenting thing is not for the faint of heart.
It's really for the sleep deprived.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, Lonnie -- SO sorry to hear. Hope he responds quickly to the treatments and that your girls heal quickly too. (Yup, parenting is definitely for the sleep-deprived. Hope you get some soon...) xo

The Good Life on Less! said...

Wow ... you were right to be stressed about his cold. I feel SO bad for you. I about can't handle these sort of things ... I really need my sleep at this point. Also never fun to have sick children. I'll pray for you.

Tomg said...

So sorry to hear about Kean's problems. I've had the tubes down the throat in hospital experience. No fun at any age...! Love the family photo with the Traactor... and you blog comment contrasting I-Team reporter with challenges of being Mom...!
Much Alooooooo-ha...!
TomG

Ilona said...

I knew about Greer's tonsils...tell her I love her and I hope she is up and having fun soon...but in the meantime...ICE CREAM!
I am so sorry for Kean (and you), give him a kiss from Aunt Ilona. I will try to do better on keeping up with things.

luvlucy515 said...

Lonnie,

I hope Kean improves soon. Give him and greer our best wishes for a speedy recovery. We miss you guys.

Julie Marczak

Unknown said...

Aww, darn it!!! I'm so sorry!! Well your family is in our prayers!! Know that we love you and are thinking of you!! Let of know if you need anything!! Give those girlies a hug for me!! Love ya!!
-Lindsay

Tracey said...

Can't wait..to be sleep deprived!!