Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kean Update

I do believe the little guy is doing a bit better today.
I stayed at the hospital 'til after midnight to make sure he was really out.
He had an awful day yesterday.  Just cried and cried-- really.
From 3p.m. when they were doing his deep lung/nasal suctioning until
after 10:30 when they finished doing it again.  It was a long day.
But I had lots of support.  Thanks to Ron and Elly for the gourmet dinner
and "spelling" me with Kean.
And Deb for trying to comfort the little tyke.
And for the blessings from Stan and Kyle and then again from
Ron and Matt.
And Teresa for feeding my family last night
and for the too short of a visit with my favorite nurse in the world, Liz!!!
We got through I think the hardest day.
My mom went down early this morning so I could spend time with Greer (Tonsil Girl)
and Reese.  They were feeling rather needy.
We're heading down to the hospital with lunch today.  I'll then stay with Kean
and she'll take the girls.
Have I ever told you how much I love my mom?
As for Kean, I hear he's much more like himself-- not crying non-stop and eating some.
His IV failed last night-- but we are going to try and nourish him with food and bottles. 
I'll know more this afternoon.
THANKS EVERYONE for the support, words of love and kindness.

1 comments:

Tawna said...

Lonni -

Ugh sorry to hear about everything, but glad the little champ is doing better. Mothers are awesome, aren't they? And it sounds like you're right up there with the best of them! Take care--all of you!