Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, March 25, 2011

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Kean's making progress.  He looks better and sure acts better.
He LOVED having his sisters visit.
I think, perhaps, he missed the noise.
 Our biggest issue is that every time he goes to sleep, his oxygen levels plummet.
His doctor mentioned she might send me home with him on Oxygen.
I'll gladly take that.
But they are also watching his right lung.
He sounds much, much better.
But on an earlier X-ray, it looked as if he has some of his lung collapse or like he had some inflammation debris concentrated in that area.
 I took this picture a few minutes ago-- right before his nap.
Naughty boy.
He put the "E.T." red light foot sensor (that keeps track of his breathing, pulse, heart rate etc.) in his
mouth while I was changing his diaper.
He shorted it out.
So this is while we waited for a new one.
No big deal.
They're only a hundred clam shells each.  Yikes.
I should hear from his Doc this evening about the possibility of going home tonight or tomorrow.
Trying not to get my hopes up...
P.S.  He went from a prone position to a sitting position three times on his own today.
We've been waiting for this for months!
A round of applause for Kean-- Yeahhhhh!

1 comments:

Marti said...

Yeah, Kean, that's how I clean under my toenails, too! GOOD JOB!