Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy 70th!

So my mom turned the big 7-0.
Which is shocking to me... shocking because if she's getting older, that means we (me) are all getting older.
Thankfully, she looks and acts about 50.
We threw a big party for her last night-- big as in about 80 to 100 people in her house.
I think just about everyone there was related in some way or another.
This is my Aunt Jean and my mom's sister, Daleen and brother, Larry.
See, doesn't she look young for 70.
It gives me great hope.
(Thanks mom and dad for the DNA).
The most exciting part of the party - for me anyway- was when she opened my present.
I've been working on it for quite a while. 
We put together a list of "70 Things We Love About You..."

It was so fun.
I got responses from all the grandchildren, her children and her brothers, sisters, husband
and 92 year old mother.
Some were hilarious, some were touching and some were inspiring.
I kinda think she liked it-- at least a little bit.

3 comments:

Marti said...

What a great, thoughtful gift! And yeah, hasn't Byron always told you that you looked great in your jeans/genes? ;)

The Good Life on Less! said...

That turned out really nice ... I'm sure she loved it!

Stephanie said...

Darling! The gift turned out so great....very creative way to frame it. I love it! I was able to magnify and make out a few of the sayings. I love that you put everyone's name after it too.

Oh and yes, very lucky genes. :-)