Reincarnated As A Mother

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Words of Wisdom

 Poor Kean.
Too many days stuck at home-- in the clutches of his sisters.
At least they didn't put make-up on him this time.
It was supposed to be Byron's turn to go to church today.
But about the time he should have been getting ready to go-- 
he was out in our pasture-- up to his eyeballs in mud and muck
(since it rained half the night and half the morning)
and trying to help the guy down the street round up his four cows (including two naughty bulls)
and herd them back to his place.
I tell you, my husband is the Dudley Do-right of Eagle.
He's always helping out everyone it seems.
I hope he gets lots of blessings for all of his good deeds!
I took the girls to church and heard something that really struck a chord.
This sweet, wise older woman was talking about how she finds joy this life-
in spite of all the challenges and trials.
She said she lives by this saying:
It is what it is.
And it is what you make of it.
Don't you just love that? 
I plan to remind myself of that daily.

0 comments: