Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Great Shoe Caper: SOLVED!

Wanna hear a good one?
I had set a bag of the girls' outgrown snow boots, a coat, gloves, pants etc.
 on the porch on top of our shoe basket for a friend to use to
give to her refugee family she's adopting for Christmas.
She had her teens swing by my house this afternoon and pick it up.
I just so happened to be out in the barn when they came by--
and didn't notice until hours later that not only had they taken the bag
of stuff-- but since the basket of my kid's shoes-- was now missing, I figured
they'd taken that too!
I didn't start to worry until hours had passed with no calls back from
my friend.  And I knew they were delivering all their goodies
to their refugee family tonight.
I made what seemed like a gazillion calls and finally tracked down a cell
phone for my friend's son.  
Good timing and lots of laughs-- we caught them before they were gone!
And thankfully, I don't have to run out and buy new shoes for my girls!


0 comments: