Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Missed

Guess what I missed today?
Kean taking six steps all by himself!
I had to go get an MRI for my blasted back (thanks to that lovely car accident-- I 
have a herniated disc).
Robin Clark came over- got the girls ready for school and stayed
for Kean's first therapy session.
I got a text just before I met with the doc (who told me I need
to stop lifting and carrying anything heavy-- hah!)... saying
Kean took six steps before he realized his P.T. Andrea wasn't holding onto him.
And get this, no matter how hard Robin and Andrea tried to get Kean to 
walk a step or two again-- no luck.
Maybe there's hope for my back-- and we will get him walking soon.
I did make it home in time for therapy session number two.
He just loves playing with Maureen--
 
and popping bubble with his mouth.
Crazy kiddo.
 The girls had their technical rehearsal tonight at the Morrison Center
for their big debut in Idaho Ballet's production of The Nutcracker.
Here they are mugging with the Mouse King.
His costume was quite cool up close-- his crown is a cheese grater- by the way.
Eight girls from cancer families will be special
guests in Sunday's two shows.
Two of the other girls are their friends from the Camp
Rainbow Gold's weekend retreat we just went to-- so that made it really fun.
The girls will be guests at the Christmas party
that is at the opening of the play.
They are giddy. 
Byron and I have been given tickets and the girls will join us after
intermission to sit in the audience.
I have a feeling this is going to be one of those super memorable
experiences for the girls.

0 comments: