Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, May 13, 2013

Teri's My Name and Spoilin's My Game

We had a friend stop by today... Teri Morley Garzon.
She and I were friends eons ago in Vegas and now her parents just live a mile from us.
Small world.
We had such a lovely time chatting and catching up.
She named her little girl (almost 3) Holland-- sound familiar?
We think it is an absolutely brilliant name.
Teri came bearing gifts today-- a bag of scrumptious salty and sweet popcorn... 
 
which Kean immediately set about to devour and a family game
to play around the dinner table.
We played it tonight--- (for example; who is the best teacher you've ever
had and why?), and was it ever fun. Greer and Reese got the giggles
and couldn't stop.
And finally, she brought me the coolest "Mother's Day" gift.
It is a purse made and designed by a young woman in her 20's name Yali.
She had Cancer as a girl and wanted to give back. So all
the proceeds from her "Carry On" purses go to the children's hospital
in Chicago where she was treated.
I'm so in love with and excited about this bag.
The peacock is a bird that replaces its feathers annually so it symbolizes
renewal and new beginnings.
The bird's tail is made up of paisley patters that represent the
paisley bandannas that many cancer patients use to cover their bald heads
during treatments.
And finally, the hearts that make up the feathers crowning the peacock's head
emphasize the love, support and service from family and friends.
I think it is probably one of the coolest gifts I've ever received.
Thank you dear Teri for a wonderful visit and a continuous reminder of your love!

1 comments:

Katie said...

I love the bag and was so excited to see MY good friend Teri Morley on your blog. It IS a small world! I really appreciate you letting me peek into your life and be inspired by the way you handle your challenges. Go Keanut! We're all pullin' for you!
All my best wishes and prayers,
Katie Lamm