Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Epic

Introducing... the face of an angel-- not.
 Kean may look all innocent and sweet as pie but this morning he was quite the opposite.
Reese came screaming into my room a little before seven bellowing Emergency!  Emergency!
Evidently, our darling boy had done a little exploring in his diaper- a diaper that was more than
filled to the brim with -- need I explain more?
I'll just say his room smelled like there was a cadaver in the crib with him.
 By the time I got in there, he had poop smeared all over his hair, his face, and arms-- oh and don't forget the crib.
With Reese as my trusty assistant and expert garbage bag holder at my side, we got to work.
But here's the hideous part;  barely into the cleaning, I had one hand holding his legs up, and reached
for more wipes with the other.  In that fraction of a split second, the boy pulled the diaper out from under
him and promptly dropped it on his face.
And let me tell you, it was a diaper of colossal proportions.
He had eaten all of us under the table last night at Elly's- and there it all was in that glorious diaper..
(yes, this is all her fault)!
I can't begin to find the words to describe how disgusting
this experience was-- on the scale of epic, it was beyond epic..
One of those moments as a mother where you remind yourself that yes, you really are living the life!
Several loads of laundry later (and at least half a day of my house smelling like poop mixed with Lysol)...
we are back to normal.
Well, kind of.
Kean wouldn't eat more than a bite of dinner.
And here I thought I was the one traumatized!
By the way, it was no ordinary dinner-- it was fabulous.
Grace Gwinn (with her mom Carmen)
had to do a 4 hour service project for 7th grade.
She chose to make dinner for our family!!!
Homemade lasagna, an incredible fruit salad and a lemon pie...
a wonderful ending to a not so great start of a day.
Kean will get a second try at tonight's dinner.
Ymmmm... leftovers tomorrow!

2 comments:

mle said...

Been there, done that at least 2-3 times when my kids were little (once for a babysitter). So sorry...I feel for you. Here's hoping you don't have a repeat.

Kim said...

That Elly is always stirring up trouble. I should probably make sure, in case anyone else ever reads this, that they know I'm totally kidding. Any of us who know her know what an amazing woman she is. SO, SO, SO sorry to hear about the start of your day today. I'm thinking tomorrow can only be better? Kean sure does clean up nice, by the way--that picture of him is adorable.