Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Help! I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up!

Now is not a good time to come visit.  Our Christmas Tree is just plain ugerly.  It wasn't always that way.  We spent an entire evening carefully stringing the lights, covering each limb with strategically placed ornaments and then guess what.....

 Somehow Reese pulled it over with a huge crash (and lots of screaming).   Many, many of our ornaments are casualties of the the great fall.
We lost about 20 ornaments and water from the tree's base soaked a few presents.  It took Byron quite a while to get the ol' girl back on her feet, standing straight and secure.  It took me forever to get the whole mess cleaned up.  Poor Reese felt horrible.  She was crying.  Holland was crying-- several of the ornaments she made over the years in school are now just a memory.  And frankly, I can't find the energy to re-string the lights and "spruce" up the ol' spruce again.  So, if you come over, just lie and say the tree looks lovely, okay?

2 comments:

Kim said...

You're probably a much nicer mom than I am...you're probably genuinely sad that you lost some of those homemade ornaments that the kids brought home from school. Me, not so much. They certainly have their charm in some ways, but I've been guilty of moving several of those "extra special" ornaments to the back of the tree. I thought they'd eventually stop bringing those home from school, but even my 6th grader said she's been working on one at school. They're always so proud of them...that does make me smile. So sorry about your tree....it really does look lovely, even when it's horizontal.

Sherri said...

Oh my gosh... every mom's worst nightmare! It hasn't happened to us but I put my small tree on top of a table. It's these types of events that make life so much fun. ;) Or temps me to swear a little or lots. :)