Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, December 3, 2010

Some Closure

My parents just called.  A search and rescue team took a helicopter up in the mountains above Salt Lake a short while ago.  The body of my cousin, Lance has been spotted.  They are starting the recovery process now.  It's terribly sad news but we are also relieved that the agony of not knowing has come to an end.
I think we all knew in our hearts he was gone.  It's been over a week and it was my Aunt Pat's (his mom's) birthday yesterday.  If he could have, he would have called.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers! 

5 comments:

Marti said...

I'm so sorry to see this confirmed. It's such a sad tragic end, but thank heavens his family will know for sure. I'll now start praying for their comfort and grieving.

Nick said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. My prayers are with his sweet family.

Kim said...

Lonni, I'm so sorry about your cousin--especially as this loss comes right at the holidays. I'm glad that your family is able to have some closure, but my heart aches for his poor wife & children and, of course, the rest of your family. We'll continue to pray for all of you. Thanks for keeping us posted. Even though I don't know Lance or his family, I know you, so I've thought of him so much lately. Hugs to you.

nASHTONville said...

I do not know you, but Lance's father, Ron, was my father's business partner for all of my life. I remember going to work with dad and meeting Lance on many occasions. I'm so sorry to hear about this tragic news. Please extend my deepest condolences to your family. My prayers and thoughts are with the Leavitt family.

Tracey said...

Lonni,

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, Lance. I was just reading your blog since I was a bit behind...My deepest sympathy for you and your family.

Tracey