Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yikes! It's Crazy Good.

I'll be off radar for a few days. I'm going to Phoenix (BY MYSELF) for a few days for the memorial service of my dear friend, Bianca. She passed away this summer while I was in the hospital. She had battled cancer for 7 years. We are remembering her on her birthday, which is Friday. Then Saturday I'm going to a KPNX-TV reunion-- which should be pretty darn crazy. I worked there back in the mid 90's and can't wait to see my old partners in crime. I hear there are a couple hundred people who have RSVP'd. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Meanwhile, after a looooonnnnnngggg trip (my brother blew a tire on his trailer about an hour outside of Vegas and didn't have a spare with him)-- my parents have moved up here. They closed on their new house on Monday and many, many friends showed up to help them unload the trucks.
The house is beeyootiful. Really gorgeous! Holland wants to trade houses.
Anyway, every spare moment has been spent making arrangements, unpacking boxes and moving furniture. It's sooo exciting.
Oh, by the way, on the Kean front: Nurse Nancy came this morning for the very last time. He's doing well enough that the therapist (Libby) will just monitor his weight etc. Nancy put him on the ol' scale and he is now... drum roll please: 9 pounds 12 ounces. Whew. Lugging him around-- there's hope for me to rebuild all that muscle I lost in the hospital.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Well deserved trip. Have a great time. Good news about your parents house. Your family is so good about getting unpacked quickly and decorated.

karen said...

yeah, and I won't even be here to get to see you!!! [insert the frustrated shaking of the head]. we're going to Disneyland thurs-sunday, exactly the days you'll be here. flukey bad luck for me, but you'll have fun with the usual suspects. hugs from afar...

Chuck said...

Sure, you come to town and we won't be around even if you had time to visit. Oh well, next time maybe the whole family can come and visit.

aubri said...

Have fun here. The weather is amazing!!