Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

Byron and the girls are pumpkin carving machines! They crafted this collection and the tiniest one at the end is for Baby Kean. Sweet, huh? Do you have any idea what a mess we made trying to get three girls ready for Halloween? Hair, make-up, clothes... whew! Here's our mangy crew:

Holland, if you can't tell was a Gypsy this year. Greer went as a mermaid -- with a Dolly Parton looking wig, don't you think? And Reese was a -- no surprise here-- a princess.

This year we hooked up with Sally and Jonathan and their girls-- aka Dorothy and Caspar and my other good friends, Jeannie and Mary K. Byron hung out with the Keanster-- so I could go. I'm not sure that was the best idea. I had a blast but completely ran out of gas by about 8 pm. Reese did too-- so I could use her as an excuse to cut it short. Lame, I know.



I almost forgot, we also hit two haunted houses, stopped by Ali and Joannah's, Craig and Missy's (Byron's brother) and then ended the evening at our neighbors-- Nancy and Jacqui's home. It has become a tradition to stop by and model the girls' costumes for them. They of course spoil them with extra treats. Every year, we take a picture of the girls with them on the couch. Nancy is on the right of the picture. Reese is about to fall asleep-- and did within minutes of getting her home, in her jammies, her makeup off and her teeth brushed. Next year, Kean will get to go!

3 comments:

Chuck said...

If you still lived here I could have made Kean a pumpkin like I did for Holland all those years ago.

Nick said...

I used to want to be a princess or something similar every year so that I could wear make-up. Such fun girls and such a nice mild Idaho night for trick-or-treating.

Anita said...

Nice to see we have hope for costume creativity beyond the "princess years." Cute costumes -- and beautiful girls!