Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yay... adult conversation!

Since I've been pretty much on house arrest with Kean being quarantined-- some of my friends have taken pity on me. Yesterday, my good friend Joanne brought over her new baby, Ruby and a very yummy lunch (Sushi and stir fry). It was such a lovely way to spend the afternoon. Reese, of course, took the role of little mother to baby Ruby. So other than making sure she didn't smother her, we were able to relax. I'll tell you what was shocking to me though... was to see Ruby with Kean. She is only a month older than him-- but boy is she alert, active and in much better control of herself and her body. It was jaw dropping. I thought, here I've been thinking Kean is doing so well and then to see him next to a "typical" baby-- it was a little discouraging. However, Libby his occupational therapist (who may have to take a paycheck for being my mental therapist) told me he is really two months behind her (since he is a premie)... and at his age a month or two is monumental. So I feel much better about it all.
Just so you know, Ruby is darling and I hope she comes again and brings her mom. We felt since they've been staying home a lot-- it was safe to have them over. I mean, c'mon, how many germs can a baby (who can't even sit up) carry?

0 comments: