Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Quick Update

I'm headed to bed... so this will be short. But Kean is such a little fighter. He had a rough night last night but seems to have turned a corner. He does not have RSV-- but does have a viral infection that caused him to have some pretty serious respiratory distress. He's had lots of breathing treatments and oxygen (and snot sucker treatments) and is finally getting stronger and looking better. He has tested positive for some infection (bacteria)-- so they are "growing it" overnight to see what it is and what's causing it. I'm not too worried. He's already on antibiotics and is getting better and better instead of worse. I'll know more tomorrow.
We are up in Pediatrics instead of Newborn Intensive Care. It's very different.

5 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

So glad he's doing better!!!!!!

Anita said...

Glad to hear things are turning around. Miracles, miracles, miracles!

Nick said...

I was camped in pediatrics for a week when Carter had RSV. I know my way around pretty good;) Glad to hear it's NOT RSV because that wasn't any fun, but sorry you're back there at all.

Shellee said...

I'm grateful it's not RSV and I'm glad that he's such a little fighter. Why is it that I so dearly love this little guy and I haven't met him in person?!?

Carlie Pennington said...

We are thinking of you and hope things get better quickly!

Love,
The Penningtons