Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Quiet Saturday.

Wow, you take one kid out of the mix and it calms down considerably around here. Byron took Holland to Vegas for the weekend. They went with my brother, Doug and my nephew Derek to help my parents load the ol' U-Haul and drive much of their stuff up here. We are soooooo excited to have De and Dee living close by. Too bad it turned really cold here yesterday. They'll probably have some second thoughts about leaving balmy Vegas this time of year.
Yesterday (Friday) was a great day. Two of my very favorite nurses (and people) in the world came over to visit for the afternoon. Liz (who took care of me the most during the days and was my nurse during Kean's delivery) and Deanna (who took care of me during my nights and is a whiz getting an IV in my vein challenged arms) came over to see Kean and catch up. It was a lovely, lovely afternoon. I'll always feel very connected to these amazing women since they were very much there for me during such a challenging time. Deanna took a picture or two-- so when I get those, I'll post.

0 comments: