Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, November 2, 2009

The Sound of Music...

In our attempt to reverse years of tone deafness on the Leavitt side of the family... we have enrolled Holland and Greer in music lessons. With my "gig" in the hospital, they got off to a late start-- but started piano and voice lessons the first week of October. So with only a month of lessons under their belts-- they had to belt out a performance at their first recital. It happened to be on Halloween Eve-- so they were asked to wear their costumes. Here's Greer playing a song called "Triple Play". She then favored us with that old Nat King Cole standard-- L.O.V.E. You know, L is for the way you look at me. O is for the only one I see..............

Holland played a number called "Raindrops" and did it very well, if I do say so myself.
And then she sang a song called "Deliver Us".
Not that I'm biased or anything, but they both have beautiful little voices and some darn good stage presence. My friends-- Ali and Joannah Shoustarian (Holland's 3rd grade teacher) were there to see their daughter perform. And being the super star parents that they are-- they brought white roses for their daughter, Sara and for our girls too. Isn't that cool?

0 comments: