Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, October 23, 2009

So Loved...

What in the world would we do without our favorite neighbor, Grandpa Bodily? He's been pretty busy of late-- so it's always a treat when he can spend time with us...The other night, we got a knock on our door. On our doorstep, stood our dear friends, Susan and Foad Roghanni. They came bearing gifts-- about 60 bottles of homemade Concord grape juice. Susan knows our little family loves homemade bottled grape juice. We have a tradition of each Sunday after church drinking the juice with grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. And she knows, since I was in the hospital and have a new baby, I would not be getting around to bottling my stash of juice for this year. So she did it. And did it up.
Check out the pic of her holding Kean, while the girls hold their bottle babies.

She dressed up each bottle with little purple or lavender colored "aprons". Aren't they cute? Too bad this isn't taste-ternet. The juice is heavenly.
And what is truly amazing about all this-- is that Susan is one of the busiest women I know. She is Susan Camille Beckman Roghanni. She is Camille Beckman-- yes, the Camille Beckman -- many of you know and love her lotions, cream and yummy products. If you don't know her, you should. She is truly amazing and a true Renaissance woman. I love and adore her.

Finally, check out this onion. It's from my Uncle Wendell's farm in Weiser. He grows them and sells them to places like Outback for their bloomin onions. It was the most beautiful onion I've ever seen-- if onions can be beautiful. I hated to cut it up. But I did.
Don't you all wish you lived in Idaho?

4 comments:

Chuck said...

That is a big onion! Reese is such a character.

Marti said...

That onion is amazing, but look at the little Stinkerbell that is holding it! She is SOOOOOO cute!

As for the grape juice, my goodness, Lonni. A case of home-canned grape juice would be a treat and an amazing gift in anyone's book, but SIXTY JARS OF IT?

wOW! That is utterly astonishing! I feel like all of us ought to chime in to say "thank you, thank you!" to Camille! Thank you!

The Good Life on Less! said...

I know Brett wishes he lived in Idaho ... and that he could have some of that juice!

Sherri said...

Hello...

Are people in Idaho more domesticated than other parts of the country? What is in the soil? Or should I say the air? Wow! All your kind neighbors and friends in Boise make me want to move up there and garden (Or just live near them). ;)

We use the Welches Grape concentrate on vanilla ice cream (purple cow) and it's delish. Not sure if that grape juice will work but a good idea for a Sunday treat.