Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Growing Like A Weed...

It's official-- Kean is better off at home. He's thriving. Nancy, the nurse visited today and was so pleased with his coloring and his weight. Drum roll please... he's hit the 7 pound mark! He's still considered only about 3 weeks old with his adjusted date (they count from his due date). But he's doing what he's supposed to do-- sleep, eat, poop and gain weight. We're also noticing his eyes are focusing more and more on objects such as his mom's face etc. In other words he's doing really well. Oh, he has to be weighed sans clothes-- I added the diaper to keep him modest. Since he's now up to 7 pounds-- we were able to try out his new monitoring band. So far, so good. It hasn't gone off yet. Don't you think it makes him look buff?

I'm so glad to get rid of the other leads. They leave such a mark on his sensitive skin. My camera doesn't do it justice. But they were also pretty darn cheesy-- going off all the time. I had even started referring to them as my own personal water boarding torture device. Nothing like depriving a sleep deprived mother of the little bit of sleep she was getting.
Finally, here's a pic of Kean's personal assistant-- Reese helping me give him a bath and remove those pesky leads. She's very good at "bathing" him with kisses... but we did end up using the real thing-- soap and water.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Precious!

gramyflys said...

Just look at that fat little tummy. I'm sure it does a Mama's heart good to see him progress so well..Great job, Barker family!!!!

gramyflys said...

And Lonnie, in all your "spare time", I noticed that you need to update your sidebar to include Kean! We can't seem to get enough pictures of that sweet boy! Thx!

Nick said...

He is actuallly looking chubby! Yay for rolls! I'm so happy he's doing well. Maybe I can come by one day to see him? I could bring a few boy things if you'd like. Let me know.

Christine said...

Oh, he is so darn cute! I'm soooo happy to hear how well you all are doing too!

Taylor Family said...

It's amazing the progress he has made in such a short time. He is adorable!!!

Marti said...

He's coming right along, Lonni. I have a couple of questions.

It looks like he's got an "outie," right now. Is that permanent or does that change? (The "no-babies" thing shows, huh?)

And also, in the second (or was it the third?) picture, he seems to be resembling YOU. Yes/No?