Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Family Bliss

Nancy, the nurse came yesterday to check on Baby Kean. Are you sitting down? He now weighs a whopping 8 pounds 1 ounce. He broke the barrier. The kid is growing gangbusters! Plus, his tone for a Down's baby is fabulous. He's impressing everyone. Especially, his nurse. Sally watched Kean for me yesterday, while Reese was at Preschool. So I crammed in a bunch of errands. Reese and I had made this carrot cake (it's the best tasting in the world-- my big brother's recipe which can be found on my sister-in-law Rachel's blog site: www.morethanjustnoodles.blogspot.com). We made it as a thank you for Dr. Lovelace and his staff. It looked better in real life, I promise. So I dropped that off and swung by my old stomping grounds at the hospital to say hi to my nurses. Get this, half the staff is out with the flu or with their kids who have the flu. Can we say crazy? A good reminder why Kean is on quarantine. When I picked Reese up from preschool, I asked her what she had learned. Listen to what she said: "Hmm, I know I learned something but I can't remember what."
Me: "Did you make any friends today?"
Reese: "Yes, my friend is a pink girl."
We're really getting our money's worth out of preschool, don't you agree?
Finally, did I tell you the girls finally, got their pet rabbit, Roxie?
She was owned by our neighbors (Holland's teacher when she was in 2nd grade-- Mrs. Kwid). They got Roxie something like 9 years ago and were told she'd only live a couple of years!!!
So we have her now. Holland wrote up a proposal outlining how she and her sisters would feed, clean and exercise Roxie. We said yes, once we got this hospital thing behind us. So the time has come.

Byron even bought a harness and leash for Roxie. (Don't laugh-- it's actually to keep her alive. We have huge owls, hawks, a fox, coyotes and a dog named Zoe-- that all live on our property). So the girls took her for her first walk today. It was hilarious. She seemed to love it.

Then they loaded up Roxie and Reese in our old wagon and pulled her down to visit her old home and say hi. Ahhh, life in the country. What hillbillies we all are!




2 comments:

Marti said...

OOooooooooooHH!! Who doesn't love a parade! Especially if it's the beautiful Barker girls and their bunny, Roxie!

I bet they are the Hit of the Neighborhood!

John said...

Jada had on a VERY pink dress on Friday. :) Kate