Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Life

Don't know if I mentioned it or not, but Kean is officially off his caffeine medication and so far so good. Meaning, no middle of the night alarms going off. He's to stay on his monitors for another two weeks to make sure he keeps up that breathing--- and I can't wait to turn that blasted thing back into Norco. Kean is sure loving his play time. I got this mat when Greer was a baby, gave it away after Reese-- and somehow it made its way back to me. Crazy stuff.
Reese is a bit obsessed with the play mat. She loves to get under it with Kean. Just today he was batting at a toy and licking one with his tongue. That may not sound like a big deal-- but for him-- that's great progress and a good sign of his developing skills.

Saint Dee (Grammy) is still working her magic long distance. These little beauts came in the mail today for Reese. She had a pair (given to her by Aunt Dana) that she had plum worn out...
So just in time for Halloween, Reese will have new "sparkle heels" to wear for her big night as a beeyootiful princess. Stay tuned for photos... we'll have the camera ready to go.
And guess who stayed home from school today and yesterday sick. Poor Greer. And poor me. I'm trying not to go mental keeping the kids away from the baby. Can I just tell you how gagging sick I am of the smell of Lysol?
So much for the flu shots we got on Saturday. I hear they take about 4 to 5 days to kick in. Sigh.... maybe the rest of us will be spared.

3 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

Oh seriously ... may the force be with you with the whole sick thing ... it's a joy! I too do not enjoy the Lysol smell! :)

Melissa Snyder said...

We are entering that sick stage right now. Owen has come down with something nasty and I am crossing my fingers that none of the other boys get what he has. It is no fun, but I was wrong to think that it wouldn't come to our home. I have tried everything to avoid it but it happens. Good luck with you. Kean is looking so cute! What a great toy! I should get one for Owen. I will come and visit soon. I just want this nasty cold/flu stuff to go away.

Marti said...

Wow, Reese is some fancy little lady!

Um, Lonni, whenever I get a flu shot, I calculate that I will be feeling poorly with slight case of flu by 2.5-3 days later. Like clockwork.