Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, April 15, 2011

Making Friends

Grocery shopping is turning into social time for Kean and I.
When he had his Oxygen on, we'd get stopped by all the old folks
so they could compare and contrast the Oxygen they were on with his little portable tank.
Now that he's no longer on Oxygen, I thought I'd be able to breeze in and out of the store.
Not so.
We now get stopped by folks wanting to talk about his hearing aids.
Case in point- this afternoon, a man in his 30's stopped us to ask how Kean lost his hearing.
Once he saw his face-- he said; "Oh."
I'm guessing that meant he realized he had Downs. 
Who knows.
But the guy turned out to be really nice.  He lost his hearing as a 2 year old after
a bout with Spinal Meningitis.
His hearing aids were clear-- not the cool little boy blue that Kean sports.
So if you see us in the store these days, we'll likely be chatting it up with strangers
and making new friends.

2 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

Always fun to make new friends! :)

Marti said...

It is good Kean makes friends so well, but I don't see the Downs when I look at his pictures. I see that he looks just like his big sister Reese who is whip-smart and funny as heck!