Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, January 31, 2011

A Dozen

Twelve years.  Count 'em.  That's how many Byron and I have been married.
I won't lie and say it's all been bliss.
He and I are way too spicy.
But I wouldn't trade these years or him in for anything.
 My folks took the baby chicks overnight over the weekend
and Byron and I went out-- no kids, no noise.
It was fabulous.
We had a lovely dinner with some dear friends,
then went to a historic home overlooking the Capitol Building downtown for a night away.
Thanks honey, for all the great times... incredible kids...
 And crazy memories.
P.S.  That is not a beer in my hand!

5 comments:

Britany said...

How come Byron didn't dress up for that last picture? :) Congratulations to you both!

Whitney said...

Congratulations! So I was thinking about you 2 the other day at church and when you first had Holland. I think it was her blessing day or the first day you took her to church. I was laughing because I think you both went up to bear your testimony at the same time and left Holland back in the pew (safely in her carseat), but then you said something about somehow you were just given a baby and you didn't know what you were doing because you just left your baby behind! Now look at you 2 little lovebirds . . . 12 years and 4 absolutely adorable kids later. Have you figured it out yet? :)

Sherri said...

Congrats! That last picture is awesome!!

The Good Life on Less! said...

Ok, have never seen that last picture. Pretty funny. As you know, our anniversary follows yours & guess what? We forgot it entirely this year. What is that saying about us????? Anyway, Congrats!!!!!

Marti said...

Byron still has the hair of 17 year old boy, doesn't he? :) Great stuff, Byron and Lonni! TO DOZENS AND DOZENS AND DOZENS MORE!