Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bat Girl and Her Super Sidekick, Kean

This week in preschool Reese is learning about the letter "N".
So why the bat mask, you may ask?
Because N is for Nocturnal... and she can even give you the dictionary definition.
Pretty impressive.
 At school, they read the book Stellaluna about the baby bat who is separated from her momma.
After many adventures, they find each other and they know each other because of their unique smell.
So Miss Amber gave each of the preschoolers a baby food jar with  a pretty hefty smell
 (Reese got vinegar).
The kids had to smell their jars, then leave their jars and go fly all around the house.
Finally, they had to go find their "babies"... by using their sense of smell.
Three of the kids (all girls by the way) found their "babies".
Reese was one of 'em.
No surprise there.  That girl is all about smells.
Every time we go into any bathroom, she has to smell the soap and have me smell the soap.
Trust me, it got rather tedious, but clearly she was training herself for the big bat test.
Now for a little update on Keanut.
Since our stairs are made of Copper and wood, we are improvising and going for a safer
practice area... hence the couch cushions.  Notice Reese in her normal position as Kean's cheerleader!
 We were back at the doctor's yesterday for a checkup on his "walking" pneumonia, which by the way,
we refer to as his "rolling" pneumonia since he's not walking or crawling yet.
He still has a lot of gunk in his lungs and a red throat... so we are still at the breathing treatments.
But he's happier and eating better.  He did lose almost a half pound though (yikes)!
I have to tell you, he is a changed baby since his ear surgery. 
I'm certain he can hear much better.
I walked into his room yesterday to get him up for a nap and without even saying a word,
he turned and looked at me.
That's the first time that's happened and my heart just soared!
He's also babbling and jabbering non-stop.
He goes for his big two hour sedated hearing testing next week.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up... but I think he's going to dazzle us all.

4 comments:

gramyflys said...

Hi Lonnie.Lori Emig, here. I have loved watching your darling family grow..especially Kean.I could just gobble up that sweet face!I found a Mormon ad on youtube that you will love. Put in Rochelle Tallmadge. It is so sweet. Keep posting.We love your family!

The Good Life on Less! said...

Very cool about Keen's ears & I can't believe what a tiny little thing Reese is. It's hard to imagine she and Zack are going to be the same year in school! They can date (always trying to figure a way one of our kids can marry each other) and he'll be the cute silent type and she can be the cute firecracker! :)

Marti said...

Think how much faster he'll be putting those sounds into use, and making words now that he can hear and understand! Great news, Lonni!

Sheila Hudson said...

Hi Lonnie, sorry it took me so long to get to this. I'm so glad you sent the link. The family is precious! It's fun to see all of you here and I'm so glad you are keeping regular updates. We had a lovely time with you two and hope to do more of that kind of thing.
Sheila