Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What is going on in that little mind of hers??????

If you've read this blog with any small amount of consistency, you'll know that our youngest daughter is made up of 100 percent personality. It never stops. In fact, I'm convinced I could write a book on her musings alone.

Yesterday, she spent a good twenty minutes asking me all types of questions about mermaids-- here's one: "When mermaids are babies, do they have to swim with a life vest?"
I guess my answers about mermaids weren't compelling enough because by bedtime she had given up her quest to become a mermaid. As Byron was tucking her in, she made him look out the window and make a wish upon the moon. She told him he had to repeat (with her) three times loudly-- "I wish I was a princess, I wish I was a princess, I wish I was a princess"! I can report, so far, Byron's "wish" has not come true.
As you can see, she can be a bit bossy. The other day she told me to call up my friend Andrea for a play date for us moms. That way, she could have a play date at the same time with her daughter, Anne. See, everybody's happy.
The other day, she asked me to tell her how old I am. When I told her I'm really old. She said, that's what daddy says he is-- really, really old. She then asked me why I don't have those big cracks in my face, if I'm so old. I told her, just wait, they're coming!
Trust me, the girl can talk non-stop. And I must admit, sometimes, I just periodically throw her a uh, huh, or mmmm, I see. At lunch the other day, she spent the entire time telling me about how water starts coming out of her neck when it gets hot outside. And how her hair sticks to the water on her neck and it drives her crazy.
So next time one of you stops by the house-- please understand why once in a while I'm feeling desperate for adult conversation.
Seriously, she's quite entertaining. Who needs movies or TV with her around? Here's one final gem: Reese asked me if she was born in the same hospital as baby Kean. When I told her yes-- she replied, "I knew it, I just knew that is why we have always been best friends"!

1 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

This reminds me so much of Eli ... lots of personality! Your other kids remind me of my other two also ... must be the three of the same sex, they just take on some of the traits ... responsible will one day rule the world / flower child / class clown-party boy(girl).