Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo!

In case you're wondering, Fairy Godmothers are real and do exist. Case in point-- my friend, Mary K. Each year, she takes Holland and Greer our for their birthdays-- for a day we've dubbed "Mary K Day". And she spoils them rotten. This year, she took them out together (along with her niece, Savannah). First stop-- a shopping spree at Walmart-- for each of them: sunglasses, a hat, a new necklace, scarves and new shirts for starters. Then it was off to a day at the Western Idaho Fair- for lots of cotton candy, unlimited rides and overall spoilin'! The day is as eagerly anticipated as Christmas morning, I'm telling you! Oh, for every child to have a Mary K in their lives! Not to be completely outdone, our good friend Roger Billingsly (Dodge's dad) came through town yesterday. Roger, who is like a second father to Byron, is retired. He spends a few months each year tooling around Idaho and surrounding parts. And he visits us nearly every year. Last night, he took all of us out for Mexican food (yum, my favorite). So in my book, he's my fairy godmother -- since I didn't have to cook!

0 comments: