Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Learning Machine

Well, Reese's teacher survived the first week of preschool. And so far, so good. Reese seems to love it. My favorite part is that on Wednesday they do "cooking school". This first week they made Rice Krispy treats.

On the way home from school, I asked Reesey what she learned that day. And here are her answers-- unedited.
"When we cook, we're not allowed to pick our nose."
"When we have to cough, we do it into our chicken wing."
And finally, when I asked her about cooking her Rice Krispy treats--- if she got to help, she said yes, "and we didn't get burned"!
So I'm thrilled we are truly getting our money's worth-- Reese is learning all kinds of life lessons, wouldn't you agree?

2 comments:

karen said...

I love Reese!! Preschool (especially with nose-picking-free cooking!) will be perfect for her.

I got a little misty eyed at the anonymous dononation of $2.00 for the girls' Disneyland Fund. Small things ARE huge, aren't they!?

Shaking my head at the State Farm Exec guy. I guess he knows how to "navigate the system" a little better than the rest of us, no?

Nick said...

I didn't realize you weren't supposed to pick your nose when you cook so that's good to know. What a cute girl. I love the things they say sometimes.