Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, May 28, 2010

365 days since....

Today marks a dubious anniversary. It was one year ago that I rushed down to St. Luke's hospital to begin my 75 day "staycation". I'm having a hard time believing that so much time has already passed. Guess it shouldn't be too surprising. Kean is getting so big and is 9 months old. Wow.
I'm just thankful that chapter of my life is behind me and that I survived and so importantly, that Kean survived to become such a blessing and joy in our lives. I wish all of you could be around him. There is something very sweet and special about him.
And you know what? I wouldn't change that experience-- as difficult and utterly draining as it was.
I'm a much better person. I learned so much about myself and I learned the true meaning of service from so many of you who I consider to be giants! I learned that miracles happen quite regularly and that the Lord is very much aware of each of us-- our fears, our hopes and our heart's urgent desires.
I learned there is an overwhelming amount of kindness that exists out there-- people from every walk of life and level of society. I learned that in spite of out of control health care costs-- some of the most caring, talented and compassionate nurses, doctors and technicians work right here in Boise, Idaho.
I learned, I learned, I learned and I'm still learning what I learned from that experience.

2 comments:

Michele Lyn said...

Lonnie...don't you ever doubt that you totally "ROCK" as a mother! Les and I send hugs!

Michele Lyn said...

...any why after all these years can't I spell your name right? ;-)