Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, May 31, 2010

A little irreverence

I blew it tonight. I totally lost it and laughed throughout family prayers. I was biting my tongue, my cheeks, my lips and shaking uncontrollably. Greer was giving the prayer and she is in this phase where she goes on and on and on and on. Tonight was no exception. Her voice gets all earnest -- and in her most heartfelt way, she thanks Heavenly Father for just about everything you can imagine. Tonight's highlights were the chairs we sit on, the table we eat at, the toys we play with, the grass we walk on, the flowers we smell etc, etc, etc. I lost it when she thanked the Lord for the cleaning supplies we have in our house.
I think I'm in good company. God must be up there giggling too!

3 comments:

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

A good reminder to us all not to take anything for granted! ;) So adorable!

Nick said...

At least she's not taking anything for granted. :)

Anita said...

Love it!