Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Deja Vu

My older brother, Doug had surgery yesterday at my old stomping grounds, St. Luke's. I took my dad up to visit him last night and it was quite surreal walking through the halls again, riding in the elevator and being back in that place that was my home for so much of last year. At the end of this month, it will mark the one year anniversary of the date I went in. What a crazy anniversary to mark. I'm just thankful I'm not still there. Of course, there were days that I wondered if I'd ever leave..... Kean's about to finish up his eighth month with us here on earth. He's such a happy kid-- he goes to bed (almost always), cooing and smiling. I just turn out the light, give him a kiss and that's it. He actually goes to sleep!!! Then he wakes up in the morning jabbering and smiling.
He's perfected the roll from his back to his tummy. (He can't flip back). He's holding his head up for longer and longer periods of time. And he's even able to sit up for a short while with a bit of help from mom. In other words, he's doing great! What an absolute joy he is!!

The girls had another music recital over the weekend. Greer and Holland each played their pieces on the piano. And then Holland sang a jazzy version of "You Are My Sunshine"... While Greer sang "Reflections" (from the movie Mulan). They both did great and have such sweet, angelic little voices. Mind you, those angelic little voices are only when they are singing. I don't want you to think for a second that those are their "every day" voices at home. Reese sat on the girls' teacher's lap and quietly sang along. Three hours later (yes, I did say THREE hours later)... we were done. Byron (the turkey) ditched out of the recital the moment the girls were done. He took Kean and went home before I had a chance to do it!

2 comments:

Shellee said...

Oh, Lonnie, I have to tell you how appreciative I am for you letting us all in on your "alternative blessings" from this last year. I'm starting a journey of my own and have found strength in your words! So, thanks for being so open. I know it's going to help me get through the next bit.

Marti said...

Those girls look so grown up! Holland, with her beautiful blonde hair and smile... and Greer looks so sweet (that dress... does it come in my size? She made it look beautiful!).

It looks like a fun day. Just one question. Kean. He doesn't look so thrilled to be 8 months old. Is his age becoming an issue for him? ;)