Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Let's Get Ready To Rumble...

Unless you're living under a rock, you can't help but be aware of the brouhaha dominating the late night air waves. I've recently found myself quietly cheering on Conan O'Brien. Which is quite the turn-a-round for me.
When I was working in Phoenix, my friend LaRae Kunz and I went to the NFL Experience. Think Disneyland for football fans. It was in conjunction with the Super Bowl being played in AZ. Conan was there by himself and LaRae and I reluctantly hung out with him out of pity. He had just gotten his own show that was airing after Leno. He was awkward, dweeby and a first class geek. (Plus, if you remember, he was being tremendously criticized as a poor, inexperienced choice to get such a plum gig). But since I was on NBC and he was on NBC-- my friend and I felt obligated to be his friends for the night.
Now look at him. Geez, I should've been nicer. Ha!

1 comments:

Sherri said...

How fun... I really like Conan. This makes me not want to watch Leno. I thought he was ready to retire anyway. His ego was hurt and now he's back. Maybe he needs more cars? ;) I don't understand what NBC is doing.