Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Break is over

Bless the hearts of all those teachers out there. You know, the ones teaching my hyper, over stimulated children who have had too much candy, too much free time and too much spoilin' over the break. It's so good to be back into a routine (at least for me). I'm much happier. Plus, it doesn't hurt that our hometown Boise State Broncos won the Fiesta Bowl last night. What a fun game to watch.
Here are a couple of pictures from Holland and Byron's great adventure from Saturday. Just the two of them went up snowmobiling (about broke Reese's heart that she's not big enough). I guess the powder was amazing. They only got stuck once-- but it was a doozy.

This is taken outside our back door-- yesterday morn with the sun coming up and frost everywhere. I think it is so beautiful here.
The mornings are nippy when we cut across our yard and through Grandpa Bodily's to get to the bus. I've been having to pick the girls up in the car the past few days when they get home from school. By afternoon, the ground has turned into oozing mud and its easier for me to load up the little ones in the car and drive down and around to the bus stop-- rather than clean up mud caked shoes.
Keanut had his second Synagis shot the other day. Poor Greer had to wait in the hall because her tender heart didn't want to witness Baby Kean crying. He now weighs 11 pounds and 11 ounces. Home Health Care comes tomorrow so we'll get another weight update. So let's see one appointment tomorrow and two on Thursday and then I'm free for the rest of the week. :)

2 comments:

karen said...

happy new year! school started for us today, I have to say I was relieved. Now I can care for my very sick Charlotte without having to entertain the others--still in my jammies at 3:30 waiting for them to get off the bus.

love the sunrise photos, those are stunning.

I absolutely think you are a prime candidate for some bona fide PTSD so you need to validate your feelings and just accept that you're struggling--it's OK to have residual struggles and not bounce back in ten minutes.

love ya

Sherri said...

Hello! Yes you have a great mom! That was nice of her to give you a break. Your pictures are beautiful. I flew over Idaho this past weekend and it was white and amazing (so was Vegas... sun was setting over the mountains). Well I'm back from my break... CC has Rota Virus. :)