Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Mental Spanking

Okay, so have you ever done something so utterly boneheaded that you spend the rest of the day cringing and telling yourself if only....
Here's my "dork-o-la" entry: We draw names in our family for Christmas. My sister-in-law Rachel had my brother Doug and his family for Christmas. As part of their gift she got them movie tickets-- but she bought them at Costco in Texas. So on Christmas eve, I switched them out with movie tickets bought at Costco here in Idaho (good for Idaho theatres). I put the Texas ones in a card in an envelope and told Rachel I'd stick them in the mail for her.
Meanwhile, my mom decided to ship a big box of homemade candies and treats to them and asked us to ship them. Byron ships so much (well, he did before the economy froze up)-- that he gets a discount with Fed Ex. So here's my boneheaded part. Instead of sticking the card in the mail, like I told her I would be doing-- I had Byron tape it to the outside of the box my mom was sending (so it would be tracked by Fed Ex)-- you know how you do that-- with the card having the address and name on it. Well, I forgot to call Rachel and let her know. I just figured (my big mistake) that she'd see the card and open it.
Now the Austin landfill is six movie tickets richer!!! If only I'd called. AAARRGGGGHHHH!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Lonni, I just had to say hi, old friend! Not "old" literally (even though it sounds like you just had a birthday), just as in "I haven't talked to you in so long. Looks like your parents made it here and you've been the best mom ever by doing fun, cute things with your kids and recording it all. What a woman! Just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking of you and have missed you. Take care! Love you!

Nick said...

Oh no! That so totally sucks. Don't worry though, you're not the only one. I do lame stuff all the time.