Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Wedding To Remember

Sorry I've been so out of commission with the posts of late.
We've been running non-stop and
have lots of company.
My little brother is here with his children (from Texas)
to help us celebrate my Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary
coming up this weekend.
And Byron's Mom and super cool Aunt Linda
have been here since last weekend.
We've been partying non-stop.
Our nephew, Zach
got married this past Saturday.
He is Byron's brother Craig's oldest.
On top of being a beautiful wedding on a perfect day
in a gorgeous setting...
it will be one we won't soon forget.
We loved it when the tiny flower girl
took off racing away in the opposite
direction of the wedding.
But what really caught and kept
all of our attention
was when the Preacher
passed out
not once
but twice
during the ceremony.
The first time was while the couple was
exchanging their vows.
He fell pretty hard, hitting his head.
After getting water, his composure
and assuring the audience he was fine,
he did it again...
This time, during the ring exchange.
He fell forward
right into the arms of the Bride and Groom.
Crazy stuff.
(He's fine now. A trip to the hospital showed severe dehydration).
The wedding wasn't ruined.
No, not by a long shot.
It was one that will go down in the books--
and the memories of all of us in attendance.

4 comments:

Britany said...

Only at a Barker wedding. . . The best part of this is I can see the reactions of you, Byron, Craig, and Missy. Priceless.

Marti said...

I performed a wedding ceremony. It's pretty stressful stuff. Connecting two people forever and ever, until they die and all.

Not that I fainted or anything. Weird.

The Good Life on Less! said...

Oh my gosh! I'm laughing out loud! I wish you had video to post. Poor guy ... actually, now that I'm thinking of it, you need to get video if there is some and send it to America's Home Video (or whatever it's called). They could win $10,000. When Anita and I went, some drooling dog won that much!

Melissa Snyder said...

Ok Lonnie, that is hilarious! Not really for the bride and groom. I can't imagine that. How funny is that. Definitley one to rememeber for sure.
Sounds like quite the party over at your place. I might just sneak on over sometime.
We need to come and visit you sometime. We sure miss you guys!
Hope all is going well. I hope your children are doing well. Tell them all hi for us. We love and miss you guys!