Reincarnated As A Mother

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lava Hot Springs

We left the day the girls got out of school last week and headed to Lava Hot Springs in South Eastern Idaho.
It was a little slice of heaven on earth.
They have these series of hot, mineral pools that you just sit around and soak in - in the most
beautiful setting.  (Plus they have pools with huge slides, diving platforms etc. for the kiddos).
 We hiked up and around the mineral pools...
 walked all throughout the landscaped "sunken gardens"  - which the girls dubbed
the "secret garden".
 We had cousins coming and going... but here's a pic of most of us who were there.
These are my cousins (except for my brother Doug in the back)... on my Dad's side.
It's crazy that somehow we all grew up.  When I think of this group, my first thoughts are of all us scraggly kids catching polliwogs, swimming in Boy's Pond and building tree forts at my
Grandpa's farm in Santa Clara, Utah.
 My cousins who were in charge of this reunion, did all the cooking and spoiling.
We ate like kings, had so many treats-- it should've been illegal since we were running around
in swimming suits much of the time and caught up on years of chatting.
 Kean started what will likely be a love affair with corn on the cob!
We had an incredible time and we definitely want to go back.
This is the same group that went to Lake Powell on the Yachts when I was in the hospital.
I'm still hoping that reunion will be repeated for my sake.
Sigh...
(Coming up next... part two of our vacation).

2 comments:

Marti said...

The look on Mister Kean's face is so amazing!

"Look Ma! I've found something I LOVE and I'm FEEDING MYSELF! The World is My Pearl! Muwaahaaahaaaaa!!!!"

Yeah. That's happiness! Great picture, Lonni!

The Good Life on Less! said...

Such a cute pic of Kean!!!! Also, your mom looks great!