Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Her Brain

Reese and her preschool class went on their first field trip-- to a dentist's office. She loved it and was just bubbling over with information when I picked her up. Are you ready for this exchange?
Reese: "Guess what? Did you know if you eat something sticky and you don't have a toothbrush, you can use a healthy food like a crunchy apple and it will clean your teeth!"
Me: "I know. Can you think of some healthy foods, other than an apple, that are crunchy?"
Reese: "Hmmm. I know. How 'bout some carrots or celery!"
Me: "That's great. I didn't even think of celery."

(Intermission, while she thinks for a minute)

Reese: "Mom, when we go on our trip to Hannah Montana, I'm not going to bring my toothbrush. I'm just going to bring celery!"

That dentist would be proud. Just think of all the cavities he can fix on her in the future.

1 comments:

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Add some hard cheese, such as cheddar, to that and she might be ok! :) (Foods that lower the pH levels prevent cavities, too)