Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Stroll Down Memory Lane

I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels like times are changing way to fast. I guess I'm just getting old! It's been a smidge over a decade since I traded in my power suits and microphone for the glamorous life as the mother of four little chickens (as we like to call them). My last job was at CBS in L.A. And as if it's not bad enough that many of my dear, dear friends have moved on and left the place-- now the TV station has left the place. CBS at Columbia Square has been a fixture on Sunset Boulevard, well, since forever. And now they've abandoned the old girl and moved to a new location. A friend sent me this link -- a homage to the famous building. It's kind of long, but will give you a look at the guts of a TV station. In case you are interested, a picture of the area outside my old office is at 1:03 into the clip.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ovDBpsTyc&feature=player_embedded

I loved my days at KCBS. Michael Tuck and Anne Martin were our main anchors. In my investigative/special projects unit-- we had Joel Grover (now at KNBC), Kyra Phillips, Drew Griffin and Thelma Guittierez who are all at CNN as our core on-air talent. Plus we had the best, and I mean the very best photojournalists, producers and researchers on the planet. They've all gone on to do great things with their lives. I guess no one stays still, do they?

1 comments:

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

I remember Michael Tuck from news in San Diego. :) But yes, I'm doing everything I can to slow down time, and it just keeps ticking away relentlessly.