Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, October 11, 2010

Another Death

As we prepare for Byron's father's funeral, we had a little impromptu one this evening at our home... for "Popcorn". That's Greer's goldfish.
Holland played a somber number on her school recorder as we all gathered around the toilet.
Greer said a few words before she broke down in tears. So each of us took over and talked about what a pretty fish she was. Holland mentioned she was great in that she never bit her when she was trying to clean her bowl. And Byron, by the way, said she was the prettiest orange he'd ever seen.
Ah, the painful lessons of life.

Meanwhile, another Reesey moment to share with you--- at lunch she informed me she wants to say all the prayers at every meal. Why, you may wonder? Well, she said, "I get really really hungry and if I say them, I can say them really, really fast."
Hey, at least the kid is honest!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I think our girls would get along really well, except I don't think Stella would cry if her fish died because she's sure she gets a puppy when it does. Also, I think Elliot would really like Reese because he's also a fan of the short dinner prayer.

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

sorry to hear about Byron's dad. Our prayers are with you.