Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reunion

Just look at where I caught Reesey yesterday morn-- in bed with Kean. I think she was very excited about his soon to be big day. We went to the park to meet up with some very important friends.

This is my dear, dear friend, Kelly (who drove down to meet us from the Sun Valley area). Her daughter, Emily was a micro-premie. She weighed only one pound something and spent 80 days in the NICU. Her twin sister only lived 10 days. Emily was in the room next to Kean. And Kelly has been my sounding board, my soul sister, my email psychiatrist as we've both found our way through quarantines, therapy and hospital bills. I just wish she lived next door. (Emily has a mouthful of chompers and smiles perfectly anytime a camera is near. She's adorable-- she and Kean were due only one day apart. I think we were all destined to be friends).

And if you are a long time "Girl World" reader, you'll recognize this angelic face-- my all time favorite nurse-- Liz. She was the one who kept me sane during my staycation at St. Luke's and she's also the nurse who helped bring Kean into the world. I love this woman!!! Aren't her boys dashing?
We had the best time... you know, eating, talking, talking, talking. And most of it was even adult conversation. The kids had quite the time playing in the park and splashing in the water. (And eating snow cones-- a right of summer)!

All was well and right with the world until Reese said her eye hurt. Within a half hour or so, it started oozing and swelling up. Yup, you guessed it. PINK EYE!
So much for the partying. Poor Reesey. I just pray little Emily (or the boys) don't get it!
Kelly says we need to get shirts printed up that say "It's always something!" Who wants one?

4 comments:

Karson, Betsy, Izzy, and Beckham said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Are you coming to the NICU picnic next week? We are driving to Boise for it. Hopefully you will be there. We would love to see you and Kean!

karen said...

love the photo of kean in the stroller w his legs up! Man he's getting so big.

Pink eye rates right up there with the worst stuff EVER. I get the most scathing cases of pink eye (always in both eyes, naturally, for about two weeks). Hope she feels better!! miss ya.

Teresa said...

Wow! Lots going on. So sad about the pink eye. Hope she recovers quickly. Love the photos, especially the birthday cake and Kean in the stroller. :) xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Lon, I miss you guys so much... I so want to have Maya meet Mr. Kean. Love to you... Elizabeth