Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Celebrating the 4th

We had a very busy and fabulous 4th. Since it was on a Sunday this year, we went to church, then over to my mom and dad's house. The first Sunday of each month, they host a potluck for all my cousins. They usually get about a hundred people there. My mom's a very brave woman. It's a blast but there are kids everywhere. Then we went over to Sally and Jonathan's house for a BBQ and fireworks. If you don't live here-- you probably don't know that in the summer it doesn't get dark until 10p.m. So we had a very, very late night.
My favorite part was when we lit this Iranian lantern. It's like a mini hot air balloon that floats up into the sky and eventually extinguishes itself. (My friend Shah sells them at his pharmacy, Customedica in town).


It was everyones favorite... so cool.
Kean was a trooper. He stayed awake for the fireworks (check out him watching the lantern) and seemed to like the bright lights. He was cooing and jabbering all night long.
Happy birthday America! Thanks for giving us an excuse to party.

1 comments:

Marti said...

Um, where can I get an outfit like Kean's with the little eyeballs on it? I REALLY, REALLY want one! Make 'em in my size?