Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Campers

After last year's total loss, we finally got to go camping as a family! We had quite the motley crew, too. My parents, my brother, Doug's family, my cousin Jaylen and his family and my cousin, Brandon and his son. It was wonderful-- fabulous weather and a beautiful spot. Of course, Kean was so easy and so happy. My brother Doug is a master cook-- especially in the great outdoors. Byron makes a pretty darn cute junior chef.

My cousins, Jaylen and Brandon kept the kids entertained doing "Roller coaster" rides. That's Holland flying through the air.
The blur in this picture is Greer.
And here's flying squirrel-- Reese.
We had tons of four wheelers and motorcycles-- and each of us took lots of lonnnngggg, looonngg rides.
Next to our campsite, the girls sniffed out a pond with plenty of mud and freezing water. That didn't stop them, of course.

Here's my favorite picture of the trip-- Reesey's back side. She was not as hearty as the other children-- and only slightly ventured into the glacier-like water.
Okay, to be fair and balanced, here's her cute front side.
Byron took Kean on his very first (hopefully the first of many) rides on the "Cheeto"-- Holland named our four wheeler that many years ago-- don't ask me why.
I'm sure he loved it-- up until he fell asleep.
We also celebrated Byron's 47th birthday!!! Yikes, can you believe he's so old? Or that he married a woman, um, at least half his age? Cradle robber! He may be old-- but he's still a major hunk in my book.
I missed the candle shot-- but we had homemade cinnamon rolls to celebrate.
Hope everyone had a great Father's Day.

2 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

That looks like a good time for sure! I am so o glad that you had a good time. Can't go wrong with a few Walker's thrown in too. What a fun time. I love the pictuer of Kean after his 4-wheeler ride. It must have been a good one too. Happy Birthday to Byron too. I love camping. Glad you had a fun time.

Marti said...

Yeah, sure, it's all good fun until somebody puts an eye out!

Seriously, it must be wonderful to be on the far side of last year's events and have Kean to show for it. :)