Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cringe!

I hurt Kean last night. On accident.
I was opening a can of the formula (extra calories I add to breast milk), I was holding him and being so careful to keep him away.
When I went to throw the metal lid in the garbage, he must have whipped his hand around and sliced it on the edge in a split second.
I noticed blood a moment or two later when he started crying.
I had blood all over my shirt, my arm, the floor and him.
And then I couldn't get it (or my tears) to stop.
He sliced the pinkie of his right hand-- and it's a pretty good cut.
Byron came down and took over trying to get it to stop bleeding.
It finally stopped when we were getting ready to go to the emergency room.
His finger is soooo tiny, I have no idea how in the world anyone would ever get a stitch or two in it.
We put ointment on it and cut up a band-aid to fit his finger.
Meanwhile, my neighbors-- Grandpa and Grandma Bodily swooped in and took the three girls to "Old MacDonald's" while we dealt with the drama.
I'm still traumatized but Kean seems fine.

Oh, by the way, Reese announced tonight we are no longer to call her by the name of Reese.
Her new name is Elizabeth Rainbow.
We've already been corrected 4 times.
She's serious about this one.

3 comments:

The Good Life on Less! said...

Oh boy, I hate it when things like that happen ... SO glad you got it to stop before you had to go to the lovely emergency room!

Reese, I mean "Elizabeth Rainbow" is hilarious!

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Yikes! Ella says we should've named her Jessica! :) They are so cute at this age!

Marti said...

Aw, it must be so hard to have someone whose health you labored over so much... and now he's going through the normal stuff of being a little boy and you're going to cry over every bump.

Buck up, Soldier. Plenty of years, bandaids and bruises ahead.