Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, February 14, 2011

Marilyn, JFK and Bandaid Boy

Happy Valentines Day everyone!
It may look like Halloween around these parts but we dressed up for a Valentine's Dinner.
We were supposed to come as a famous couple.  So why not go with a bit of controversy, eh?
 The girls get so into V-day.  Why not... they came home with boxes of candy.
This year, we only had to decorate Holland's Valentine receptacle.  Remember last year,
Grandpa Bodily came to the rescue when Holland had to create a simple machine? 
 Reese had to show off her "Dip and Stick" green tongue.
Her sisters kindly shared some of their school loot.
 And now for a little Kean update.  At his check-up last week with the doctor, he shocked all of us
with the fact he has not gained any weight or grown even a centimeter (they checked him twice)!
If that wasn't enough of a downer, his circumcision has re-attached.  Ug.
So today I went back down to the hospital for a bunch of blood work.
Let's just say it did not go as planned.
The poor lab workers-- there were two of them and they'd finally get a vein (after several pokes) and then the blood flow would just stop.
It took six stabs and then finally they pricked his heel
and squeezed out enough blood to top off the last vial.
His new name is Bandaid Boy.  Poor guy.
 By the end of the session, he was screaming and I was sobbing.
I'm not so good at this medical stuff.
Let's just pray for good test results, okay?
But all was not so bad.  Listen to this.
After the hospital, I stopped off at my pharmacy, Customedica in Eagle
to pick up a prescription for Kean and just take a look at what
Shah, the best pharmacist in the world gave to Reese to share with the family.
A basket full of Valentine's cookies.
I tell ya, that sweet gesture made me feel a lot better.
There is something about living in a small town and something special about
forsaking the big chain pharmacies.
I highly recommend it.


2 comments:

Marti said...

Poor Kean! He took one for the family, didn't he? But hey, he BROUGHT HOME THE COOKIES!!! GO KEAN!!!

Great Valentine box, Miss Holland!

Stephanie said...

I'm curious about the reason he's not growing! Poor little guy getting poked so many times.

I love Customedica too. They must have forgotten to give me my basket of cookies when I was there last week. :-)